What To Look For At Floyd Lloyd Park At Tule Springs

Historic Ranch and Buildings

Historic RanchHistoric Ranch
Twenty-three buildings are clustered in the historic area of the park. On your first visit try to see the following prominent buildings

Ranch House:  Previously called the Foreman’s House, the Ranch House has recently been restored and is the new Visitors’ Center for the park. See the exhibits inside.

Adobe Hut: It is the oldest building in the park. It is estimated to have been constructed as early as 1900 although some reports say 1916. It is made of caliché, crusted calcium carbonate formed on certain soils in dry regions. The building may have been used as a home, storage or as a blacksmith shop.

Power Building: This was the sole source of power for the entire ranch and was important for making the ranch self-sustaining in the remote location.

Water Tower:  This tower was recognizable for miles and was the conservator of the ranch’s water supply. The second level provided a wonderful panoramic view of the area and the nearby mountains and included an apartment for the staff.

Additional structures of interest:

Caretaker’s House: The caretaker of the park lived here. Currently it serves as the office for the maintenance staff of the park.

Machine Building - Firehouse: Currently this building is being used for storage.

Office and Stables: These buildings are being used for storage.

Stables: These buildings housed the animals in the park and are still used for that purpose as well as for storage.

Sheds: These were used for storage of crops at one time, and are currently used for storage.

Tennis Court: Added to provide additional activities for the guests at the ranch.

Foreman’s House: The oldest surviving structure after 1941. Originally the residence of the foreman in charge of the ranch, the house is now a visitors' center.

Guest House: Guests at the ranch stayed here in this four room house.

Pump House: This building covers the first well drilled at the ranch.

Duplex: Two apartments were built over the still existing original springs.

Gazebo: This open air structure provided a shady place for guests to sit and relax. There was a drinking fountain here at one time with water provided from the springs, and  guests kept drinks and food in a small refrigeration unit at this space.

Root Cellar: Vegetables were stored here as well as wines, which were kept in a separate section.

Swimming Pool: Originally built as a reservoir it was turned into a swimming pool and was a popular meeting place for guests. It was filled by the city in 1964.

Bath House: Located next to the pool, the bath house was available for guests to change into swimwear prior to entering the swimming pool.

Generator Building: This building housed the machinery that provided power for the entire ranch complex. The large Fairbanks-Morse diesel engine is here. 

Spring House and Well: This former apartment is a favorite spot to throw coins.

Skeet Building: Activity for guests at the ranch where sports shooting of clay pigeons took place.

Hay Barn: It is conveniently located between the historic ranch area and the lakes. It is currently used for storage.

Contact Information

9200 Tule Springs Road
Las Vegas, NV 89131
(702) 229-8100

Business Hours: May – August 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; September - April 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Director: Stephen Harsin

Related Links