KCLV Shows > Access City Council
Description: Meet your City Council members every six weeks on KCLV Channel 2, as they discuss what’s going on right now in their respective Wards.
Host: David Riggleman Length: 30 minutes
Watch Access City Council on Demand:
City Councilwoman Lois Tarkanian - Ward 1
- On this edition of Access City Council we sit down with Ward 1 City Councilwoman Lois Tarkanian. We tell you how you can receive grants to fix up your community through the city’s neighborhood partners fund program. And, Christmas was a little brighter for children in Las Vegas thanks to local law enforcement officers.
- First Air Date: Jan. 15, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Bob Beers - Ward 2
- Summary: Protecting Southern Nevada’s water supply. On this edition of Access City Council we take you 600 feet below Lake Mead and show you how a new intake system will pump more water to Las Vegas homes. And, if you’re looking for a new pet we tell you how you can adopt more than just cats and dogs from our local animal shelter.
- First Air Date: Feb. 19, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Bob Coffin - Ward 3
- Summary: On this edition of Access City Council we tell you about a new pedestrian bridge open in the eastern part of town, the downtown area continues to flourish with the opening of two new restaurants in the area, and a special Christmas celebration for seniors in Ward 3.
- First Air Date: Jan. 21, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Stavros S. Anthony - Ward 4
- Summary: Green for Grads! We show you how one local business is helping to send Las Vegas youth to college. And, the annual Feature a Teacher event reveals the best educators in Ward 4. We tell you who they are. Also, a fun family garden celebration and movie event you won’t want to miss.
- First Air Date: April 23 at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Ricki Y. Barlow - Ward 5
- Summary:The Pirates Return! We show you what happens when homemade boats take to the water at the annual Pirate Festival at Lorenzi Park and we tell you about a fun family literacy event to celebrate reading and writing.
- First Air Date: May 7, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Steven D. Ross - Ward 6
- Summary: Convene for green! Find out how Las Vegas is leading the nation in conservation efforts. And, we give you the details on the next Movie in the Park, a free and fun activity for the whole family. Also, if you’re interested in becoming a foster parent or adopting a child, we give you some important information on an annual event designed to match children with loving families.
- First Air Date: April 2, at 5:30 p.m.