|Las Vegas, Nevada (Official City of Las Vegas Text Site)
Home | Visitor | Resident | Business
KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne. Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on demand:
- The Vegas Spartan Race is a 9-mile course in the middle of the desert with some 25 obstacles requiring runners to swing from ropes, climb walls and leap over fire pits. Seventeen young men and women from the city of Las Vegas Stupak Community Center decided to take the challenge. We will show you their months of training and then follow them to the race to see how they did.
- Pirates pulled their ships onto dry land recently to gather for the Pirate Fest at Lorenzi Park. See how this festival just keeps getting bigger and better with pirate games, contests, dancers and other performances.
- Helldorado Days are back May 14-17. Organizers go to great lengths to preserve the traditions of this event while keeping it fresh. We will preview this year’s event and tell you about some important changes you’ll want to be aware of if you are planning to head downtown for Helldorado Days 2015!
- If you’ve ever taken that trip between Las Vegas and Phoenix, you know there is no easy way of getting back and forth. That is going to change! We will take you to the groundbreaking ceremony of the Interstate 11 link between the two cities and tell you how it will mean more than just easier travel.
- If you love visiting downtown Las Vegas and all the unique shops, restaurants and entertainment venues, we have five new reasons for you to go downtown all contained in one great area. Tune in and find out what they are and where to find them.
- Most people don’t associate Las Vegas with fresh produce, but we will take you to two city parks that feature wonderful farmers' markets every week!
495. S. Main St.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 229-2222
TTY: (702) 386-9108
Phone: (702) 229-2222
^ External Link
© 2010 City of Las Vegas | Privacy, Security, Acceptable Use Policies |
About This Web Site |